Product Overview The Cis ® 40GBASE QSFP (Quad Small Form-Factor Pluggable) portfolio offers customers a wide variety of high-density and low-power 40 Gigabit Ethernet connectivity options for data center, high-performance computing networks,enterprise core and distribution layers, and service provider applications.
Features and Benefits of Cis co QSFP Modules
● Hot-swappable input/output device that plugs into a 40 Gigabit Ethernet Cis co QSFP port
● Flexibility of interface choice (for different reach requirements and fiber types)
● Interoperable with other IEEE-compliant 40GBASE interfaces where applicable
● Certified and tested on Cis co QSFP 40G ports for superior performance, quality, and reliability
● High-speed electrical interface compliant to IEEE 802.3ba
● QSFP Form factor, 2-wire I2C communication interface and other low-speed electrical interface compliant to SFF 8436 and QSFP Multisource Agreement (MSA)
Cis co QSFP to four SFP+ copper direct-attach breakout cables (Figure 2) are suitable for very short distances and offer a highly cost-effective way to connect within racks and across adjacent racks. These breakout cables connect to a 40G QSFP port of a Cis co switch on one end and to four 10G SFP+ ports of a Cis co switch on the other end. Cis co currently offers passive cables in lengths of 1, 3, and 5 meters and active cables in lengths of 7 and 10 meters.